LifeLabs Genetics is Hiring: Genetics Technical Specialist
Genetics Technical Specialist Job Description
The Genetics Technical Specialist will be responsible for managing the development and validation of clinical-grade genetic tests and informatics pipelines for use in our service laboratories. The candidate should be intimately familiar with next-generation sequencing, from library preparation through to data analysis. The candidate should also be able to effectively communicate their knowledge and expertise to others (eg: training laboratory technologists on methods and procedures). This position reports to the Genetic Laboratory Manager.
• Advise on the validation of clinical genetic testing options
• Perform lab experiments and establish QC criteria necessary for test validation
• Evaluate and interpret sequencing data
• Design and validate additional methodologies required for clinical genetic testing (eg: Sanger, MLPA, qPCR, etc.)
• Ensure the test meets quality, operational, and business development needs
• Develop standard operating procedures for new assays
• Train lab technologists in all methods and procedures related to the tests
• Minimum Education: Postgraduate or Postdoctoral degree in biology or a related field of science
• Minimum Experience: Proficient in next-generation sequencing, from library preparation through to data analysis, preferably using Illumina-based platforms
• Experience in the development and implementation of clinical genetic testing is an asset, including test optimization and results interpretation
• Advanced knowledge in informatics and pipeline analytics, with experience implementing production-ready bioinformatics
LifeLabs is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building an inclusive environment. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process.
To apply, please email cover letter and résumé to Ask.Genetics@LifeLabs.com